Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Still alive and kicking ;)

Sorry, that I havent been better about keeping this updated. Hubby is still working from home throwing everything out of whack. I think though we are starting to find out new 'daddy' schedule. By the time we get really good at working around him, he'll be gone again, and we'll be working out a new routine.
But thats ok. Its been nice for the kids to have him home more. Its the little things that he misses out on, while he's on the road. Kathryns advancement for deputy black belt testing, Johnathan doing 4 sections in one night at Awana, Ryan learning to cut and 'write' his name, and Jason learning to take his diaper off and streak at will. Yeah, all the glamerous stuff of a stay at home mom hun?
Sometimes in all the chaos, and the excitement, I get so caught up and focused on little things, that I too forget to just enjoy the kids. It wont be long till they will be grown, ready to take on the world themselves. I hope and pray that I am doing the 'right' things, doing a good job, and truely helping to make them better people. Working in as many child-related areas as I do, I have started picking up on annoying, personality traits that other mothers have passed on to their children. Boy was that time for me to take a quick inventory, of my own traits, and flaws :O Hopefully, I am honest enough to see them all, and to ask the Lord to help me to overcome them.And most importantly with his guidance and strength not pass them on to my children.
WHEW!!! Poor God so much to take on and work through with so many people- makes wonder what I'm complaining about? My job has to be way easier!!

No comments: